Feb 4, 2008

Grandma Warner

I have wanted to post something about my loving grandma for quite some time, but I just haven't known what to say. Grandma Warner passed away December 28,2007. This was a sad day for me. I have always had such a special relationship with Grandma, growing up so close to her all my life. I am so grateful to know that I will see her again. Grandma always made everyone around her so happy. I loved to visit her because I would always get the, "There's my Megan," or "How's my Megan," and then the grin from ear to ear and a warm embrace. Her family always came first. Many times I would sit at the foot of her chair and listen to her tell me stories of her Mission to New York, the Prophet Joseph Smith, any event in Church history or the new news from the family. I loved these moments. Grandma was always there to support me in everything I did. The most memerable moment I have of my grandma is the day I went through the Temple. It meant the world to me that she was there. She had been fighting her health for a while then and so it was the first time she had been back in the temple. She looked at me and told me that being there with me was the only place she wanted to be. I always felt so special when ever I was around grandma. I will always remember her and the impact that she has had on my life. I know that I am a better person because I knew her and had the relationship with her that I did. I can't wait to see her again!
Now you can't talk about Grandma without talking about Grandpa! What a wonderful man! He always has a smile and a hug for his family. Many Sundays growing up were spent at Grandma and Grandpa's house with Grandpa dishing us up an icecream cone. The thing that I love most about both of my grandparents, I also must include my Calder Grandparents, is the testimony that they live or have lived. Grandpa always testifies of his Savior by the way he lives his life. I am amazed at the man he is! I love you Grandpa! You are the best!

1 comment:

John & Nancy Wellington Family said...

Great job Megan! I love your Grandma and Grandpa too. They are the best of the best!!!! Thanks for writing such a sweet tribute. You should let grandpa know the address of your blogspot so he can check it out. Have a happy Valentine's day.