Sep 12, 2008

Just Waiting and Waiting

The anticipation is building! We are getting so excited to meet our little girl. She has been at the center of our thoughts for the past nine months... who will she look like?, when will she come?, what will we name her?, will we be good parents? All the usual questions that new parents to be think about. Well the time is just about here and she could come any day now. Her official due date is the 23rd of September, but we would love to meet her before then. Knowing my luck we wont get to meet her until after that date, but we will give her the time she needs. The excitement of what she will look like is just eating at me. Lucky for me I got to see her yesterday at our doctors appointment. The doctor couldn't feel her head in the cervix so he pulled out the ultrasound machine to check her positioning. She is positioned correctly, she is just still pretty high. But since we were already looking at her he showed me how she is doing. She is already doing the breathing movements, even though she is still receiving oxygen from the umbilical cord. I also got to see her little heart beat and her legs and arms kick and stretch. This movement I feel a lot, but it is fun to see too! So everything is looking great. She is measuring good and developing great. Now all we have to do is wait for her to come. We will keep everyone posted on how things are and when she comes.

7 comments:

a farmers wife and her real life said...

So I know I don't get a vote, but tell her to come on the 20th!!! PLEASE???!!! I can't wait to see pictures and I'm sure she's going to be beautiful!

Unknown said...

We are so excited for you Meg, I have been counting down the days for you. Can't wait to hear that she is here and what her name is.

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to meet her! im so excited to have a niece on the gray side!

John & Nancy Wellington Family said...

Good luck to you and TJ as you await this fun day. We wish you all the best!

Lilit said...

Megan, Megan... I loved reading about your anticipation!!! I almost went back a few months and remembered how I felt when I was so close to my due date!!! It is incredible and undescribable and I know how you feel right now!
Hang in there, you are almost done!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Have you had that baby yet??? We missed you at YW tonight but we were hoping you were in labor!!!

a farmers wife and her real life said...

Baby yet? I'm so sorry if you are still pregnant. You're probabaly soooo done!