Mar 10, 2013

University of Denver Gymnastics

TJ was so thoughtful and surprised Lily and me with tickets to one of the DU gymnastics meets for Valentine's Day!  What a fun night!  We had never been before, but I know we will go again!  Lily had a great time watching the girls and getting some much needed parent time without Logan.  Lily was so excited to go!  All the way there and through the whole meet Lily kept telling TJ he was the best dad ever!  We told her that there was a team (Boise State) from Idaho like where Mommy is from and there was a team from Utah (Utah State) where Daddy is from and where Aunt Marci went to college.  She told us that she was cheering for Denver.  She followed those girls through the rotations and cheered every time they did good!  It was such a great night!
 Lily did not want to take this picture.  She got so mad at me because I wanted to take her picture.  She told me to hurry so she could watch the gymnastics! 

 She did a lot of her own dancing and gymnastics on the stairs!

 She even made the jumbo screen!  She wasn't so sure about that!  I saw her dancing on the screen and so I told TJ.  As soon as I said it out loud, she got shy and cuddled in to TJ.  Once they took her off, she told me that it would be okay if they NEVER put her on the jumbo screen again! 



 These meets are so kid friendly!  There are so many cute little girls there with their parents.  At the end of the meet, the DU gymnastics team invites all the little girls, or anyone that wants to go, down to the floor to dance with them while they wait for the scores to be totaled.  They did a few dances and Lily was in heaven!  She LOVED it!



 Then she got to sit on the floor while they did the awards. 
 She was so excited when Denver won!  She cheered so loud!  I love that my little Lily is a Denver fan!  She is a true Colorado girl!
 She had to meet them and get their autographs!  Such a happy girl!
Thanks Daddy!  We had a great time!  We can't wait to go again!

No comments: