Nov 4, 2007

Carving our Halloween Pumpkins


We spent Halloween at home. We carved our pumpkins and had the Elders over for dinner. I made chili and scones. I have to say it was yummy! We had a pumpkin carving contest and of course I won because I was the judge and it was only between TJ and me! Then we spent the rest of the night handing out candy to all 6 of our trick-or-treaters! I guess that's what happens when you live in an apartment complex with a gate.
















TJ worked so hard to carve his pumpkin. We used really sharp knives, which I was a little scared to do. Monday morning I sliced my thumb with a knife. We were both very careful and no one lost any limbs because of our carving!

4 comments:

Jason said...

Looks good. I brought Mel a pumpkin home and it is still sitting on our table. Maybe it will become a pie.

John & Nancy Wellington Family said...

Megan, I'm a little concerned about you and sharp knives. :) Have you heard of those nifty pumpkin carving tools. They are great and are harder to cut yourself with. You might want to check them out next year. In fact look for them now. They might be on clearance. It looks like you and TJ are well on your way to establishing some fun traditions.

Jenni said...

Love the pumpkins and I want your soup and scone recipe! You guys look like you are having so much fun! Way to be cute! Emily's home!

Unknown said...

Hey Halloween is over you crazy. You need to put the Turkey Day pics up for me. :)
I can't wait to see you guys for Christmas!
Love Mel