Apr 23, 2008

Gandpa Warner - what an amazing man!

I grew up twenty minutes from my Grandpa and Grandma Warner, so when I found out that Grandpa had passed away I was very shocked and very sad. With these emotions also came a calming that he was with Grandma again and that he didn't have to wait very long to be reunited with her. I love both of them dearly and miss them both, but I know that I will get to see them again. Grandpa is a wonderful man. He is a Spiritual Giant. When you are around him, you are filled with the Spirit. He loves the Lord and lived his Testimony through his whole life. Grandpa played a very big part in the gaining of my Testimony as well. I am so grateful to have a Father who is exactly like my Grandfather! I will always remember the Sundays spent at there home as a young child and Grandpa scooping ice cream cones for us to snack on. I will also remember the smile on his face when he saw his family. No matter where you would see Grandpa he always had a smile on his face, but it got a little bigger whenever he saw one of his family members come walking up the sidewalk to the front door. I am very blessed because of such a wonderful family!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Grandpa was such a wonderful man, a great example and yes he always had the biggest smile.

Jenni said...

Megan, this was so sweet and thoughtful. I miss him too but I will forever remember him for those things mentioned in his post...and for making me feel like one of his own grandchildren. We missed you guys this weekend and can't wait to see everyone again in a feww weeks.

John & Nancy Wellington Family said...

Megan,
Loved this tribute. I also really like this picture of Grandpa and Grandma.