Apr 29, 2010

Blame It All On My Roots...

I showed up in boots and ruined your black tie affair!

Well Garth Showed up in boots, but I don't think he ruined our black tie affair!

Saturday April 24th, TJ and I were so fortunate to be a part of our first BLACK TIE EVENT!!!! TJ's company buys a table at the Denver Health Gala (the fundraiser for the non-for-profit hospital) every year! Well, we were lucky enough to be invited this year! So that meant that we had to fit TJ for a Tux and find a formal gown for myself. This dress task came with quite a few challenges! First of all I feel sorry for Denver Ladies! We went to 10 stores hunting for a modest gown. We went to David's Bridal and asked, the lady was so happy because they just got one in the week before! MINI SKIRT!!! So if you want to have sleeves you must show skin somewhere else! Frustration was setting and we were at a loss. I called a friend from here, her friends shopped in UTAH!!! This is not helping! I go home, look up on the internet, and was fortunate to find ONE store over by guess where, the TEMPLE!!! Had this store not existed, TJ and I would have taken on a new business venture! Anyways, we found one!!!
Now on to the reason for the post...the GALA!!! It was AMAZING! We had the time of our lives! It was fun to get all dressed up and mingle with good friends for a great cause! I love the Denver Health Foundation! I have worked for them this year with their New Borns in Need program. That is another post, but we will just say that I Love this foundation! The evening was so much fun! We had amazing food and awesome entertainment! The MC's of the night were Denise Plante (local TV show host) and Reggie Rivers (former Pro Football player for the Broncos). A few of the VIP's were GARTH BROOKS!, Troy Aikman, John Elway, and Tricia Yearwood, just to name a few! Garth and Troy were opening up a "ZONE" part of The Child Life Zone Network at the hospital. (t4kzone.com is the website) This meant that our nights entertainment was none other than GARTH BROOKS! It was amazing! He put on a great show! Even the non Garth fans were enjoying themselves! He had Tricia Yearwood come up on stage and sing a few of her songs too! Our evening was amazing! We even scored two Nieman Marcus wine cork screws! What we do with those we don't know! Lily thinks the boxes are fun to open!
Sorry this is a long post, but I had to share! I could go on and on about the Denver Health Foundation, but I wont at this point and time! Enjoy a few pictures from our night!
All dressed up! I really liked my dress and the beading at the bottom! TJ looks pretty good in a Tux if I do say so!
Once again...the food was amazing! The salad I crave now! The steak, not pictured, melted in your mouth!!! and the dessert was so creamy and good! Then again, if people are paying what they are paying for this event, you hope the food is really good!

GARTH BROOKS! Live in person! We were so close!!!
The group from Milliman! Thanks for a great night! I would so go to another Black Tie Event! It was a night to remember! One day I hope to be able to donate in their charity auction!

6 comments:

triciathomas said...

I am dying!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Garth!!! That is seriously my dream! You look beautiful!!! That dress is SO flattering on you! What a great night out with just you two! Kinda like prom?!

mrs. potato head said...

soo jealous and it sounds like a wonderful night. you look great!love your house! it is really beautiful and i can't wait to see it with the 8k makeover.

RoseAnna said...

Wow! How cool are you guys? You both looked smashing!

Heather said...

How fun! I love Garth too...that's awesome. Did you go to Celestial Bride? Some friends of my family own the store. All I have to say is that I wish it was there when I was in high school looking for prom dresses! Anyway, you look beautiful and I'm glad you had a good time!

Stefanie said...

How awesome. I don't see us ever attending a black tie, but at least I got a glimpse of what one is like through you! You look great and I love your dress.

Jenni said...

This is awesome! One day I hope to get to go to a black tie event! You both looked great!