Jul 21, 2014

Hawaii!!!!!

I have always wanted to go to Hawaii!  I have watched TJ go twice for work without me.  I must give a huge thank you to my little brother and his beautiful family for helping me get there a few years earlier than expected!  As soon as my sister in law told me they were getting SEALED in Hawaii, I started planning our trip!  There was no way I was going to miss this and the opportunity to go to one of the places on my bucket list!  We were able to go a few days before everyone else.  As soon as I stepped off the plane, I knew Hawaii was amazing!  So be prepared for a major picture overload!

Day 1 - Day one we arrived in Hawaii!  We picked up our rental car, went to Costco, and drove up to the North Shore where we stayed at Turtle Bay!  We got to the resort and the and checked in.  We went up to our room and checked out our view.  It was alright, but we saw way too much of the roof below us.  When our bellmen came in to bring out bags, he asked if we were okay and promptly answered for us that we probably didn't like our view.  He got on the phone and five minutes later we were in our new room with an amazing view!  Because of our view, we spent many early mornings sitting on the balcony!  Thank you bellmen!!!  After we checked in, we walked around and checked things out.  Then we enjoyed our evening at the Surfer Bar eating an amazing flat bread pizza and drinking a non-alcoholic fruity drink!







Day 2 - We woke up VERY early!  We got to watch the sun come up!  It rained a little and then we got to see a beautiful rainbow!  Perfect morning!  Then we went and played Frisbee golf along the ocean!  After we walked to the famous Banyan tree that has been seen in multiple movies!  Then we went for a drive and had lunch in Haleiwa at the Grass Skirt Grill!  Very yummy!  Then we stopped at Tedd's Bakery for pie as we were told it was amazing!  It was!  Then we got ready and went to swim in the Ocean!  Mark and Jenni got there that evening and so they met us at the beach.  After swimming, we watched the sunset and then went to dinner.  Another amazing day!
































Day 3 - We met Mark and Jenni early for some Ocean kayaking!  It was AMAZING!  We got to see sea turtles as well as surf some waves!  It was so peaceful!  I could have stayed out there all day!  Then TJ and I went to lunch in Haleiwa and then we had the famous Matsumoto's shaved ice!  Then we met Mark and Jenni to go to dinner at the best place we ate at our whole trip!  We went to Opals Thai!  What an experience!  We were seated and then the owner and chef came out and asked us questions and then personalized our order for us!  He was amazing!  After we were all done, he told us what we had! What a great day!










Day 4 - We started off our day by going to Church.  What a loving people!  The Hawaiian people are so amazing!  After Church, we went to Sharks Cove and went snorkeling.  WOW!!!  That was an amazing experience!  We got to see some beautiful fish and SEA TURTLES!!!!  After we went back into Haleiwa and went to lunch.  Then we spent some time relaxing and then went to dinner with Mark and Jenni.  After we went to the Surfer Bar and sang Karaoke.  I was the worst one!  Now I can say I have done it and don't need to do it again!  The people were so kind about it though!  I had so many people come up and say good job  after!  Another amazing day!








Day 5 - TJ started the day out golfing.  I spent the morning by the pool until TJ called to say he was done with the first course.  I went and met him to ride in the golf cart with him while he golfed the second course.  What a beautiful place to golf!  I had fun watching him in his element!  I sure love my husband!  After he finished, we ate at the club house.  That night we met Kim and David, everyone else flew in this day, and Mark and Jenni at Sunset beach to watch the sunset.  Then we went to dinner and back to the Surfer Bar for drinks.  Kim and David and Mark and Jenni were headed down to Waikiki after everyone else got in.  Hawaii is BEAUTIFUL!!







 





Day 6- TJ and I started the day touring an old sugar mill.  Then we met everyone but Kim and David at the Dole Pineapple Plantation.  It was fun to see how pineapples grow.  Then we went to Haleiwa for lunch at a Hot dog truck, Hula dog.  Hula dog has been featured on Travel channel.  What an amazing hot dog!  Then we got shaved ice at Matsumoto's again.  After lunch we went to hike up to Waimea Falls.  It was a beautiful hike and even more beautiful at the end where the water fall was!  We swam up next to it and TJ, Mark, Jenni and Steven climbed into the middle of the fall.  After TJ and I went back to the resort and had dinner at the fancy restaurant while everyone else headed back down to Waikiki.




































Day 7 - We headed down to Honolulu to go to Pearl Harbor and the flea market.  What an amazing place Pearl Harbor is!  I am so grateful for those who lost their lives to keep our country free!  I'm especially grateful for my little brother and his willingness to serve our country!  Because of Steven being military, we got to go over to Ford Island and see the USS Missouri and USS Utah.  After we left Ford Island, we went to BBQ on Waikiki.  It was fun to see but I have to say that I am a North Shore girl!








































Day 8 - This was the day we came all the way to Hawaii for!  TJ and I started it with breakfast at the Hukilau Cafe.  When I found out that we were going to Hawaii I wanted to eat there because of the movie 50 First Dates!  It was really good and really cheap!  Then we went to the Temple and walked around while we waited for the sealing to happen.  We walked across the street and walked the beach a little.  Then we went to the sealing!  So beautiful to see their little family sealed together!  After the temple we went to lunch at the Shrimp truck.  Then it was off to the Polynesian Cultural Center!  It was such a great day!  We got to go around to all the different islands and then go to the Luau and then ended the night with the Breath of Life show.  Amazing food!  Amazing entertainment!  Amazing company!  Amazing day!





























Day 9 - Our last day in Hawaii.  We went back to the PCC and walked around the islands to see the things that we missed the day before.  Then we went down to meet everyone for dinner in Honolulu before we went to the airport and headed home.  We had an amazing trip!  I am so glad we got to come!  I am so glad we got to share this with family!  I can't wait to go back!  I hope anyways!





When we got home it was TJ's birthday!  The kids had decorated the house for Daddy's birthday!  We love our daddy!  So glad we could celebrate TJ's special day with him!  We love you Daddy!
We were so blessed to have Grandma Gray come and stay with the kids!  They had so much fun!  Grandma is amazing!  I didn't worry about the kids because I knew they were having a great time and were well taken care of!  We love you Grandma!!  Thank you so much!!

No comments: