Jan 11, 2008

Christmas with the Grays

Christmas Eve and Christmas Morning we spent at the Grays. Christmas Eve we went to Grandma and Grandpa Goble's home. We played Christmas BINGO. It was fun to share in new family traditions. I just love being married and getting to do new things with another super fun family. Christmas morning we had a great time opening presents and spending time with family and friends during the traditional Gray Crepes and Omelets breakfast. Steven came to breakfast as well so he wasn't all alone since Annie was in Kentucky. He had a crepe eating contest with Marci that I think never really ended. My favorite part of the whole day was opening up TJ's gift to me. He gave me the most thoughtful gift. He gave me a four part gift leading up to a concert with three artists that we both love to listen to. I love you sweetheart!
All the Gray kids before opening gifts.
Marci with her new cedar chest.
This is the opening of the "BIG BOX" another Gray tradition. The big box comes early and is not addressed to anyone until Christmas morning. The person that gets the BIG BOX is never the same person. I like this tradition!

3 comments:

John & Nancy Wellington Family said...

The quilt is beautiful. What happens with the big box? I'm curious about this tradition. It sound interesting.

Travis said...

Santa brings the big box early each year, but does not write who it is too. On Christmas Eve when he brings presents, Santa writes a name on the big box. It is considered a big deal if you get the big box.

Unknown said...

Pssssh....
and who got it this year??? Everyone but the love birds!!( :
Love ya,
Cassie