Dec 4, 2008

Thanksgiving Vacation

So I absolutely love Thanksgiving. I think it is the perfect way to start the Christmas Holiday. I am thankful for so many things. I am thankful for a wonderful husband and a beautiful daughter. We all have our health and we are happy. We have a great job and I am able to stay at home and take care of our daughter. We both have college degrees and many wonderful experiences associated with our college years. I am thankful for Wisconsin, since that is where I met my wonderful husband. I am grateful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I am thankful for a wonderful family. I am thankful for a time of year that we recognize that we are thankful. It makes me a little sad that Thanksgiving gets overlooked because giving thanks is such a wonderful blessing we are given. There is often too much emphasis on Black Friday and Christmas that Thanksgiving has just become a day you eat a big meal and get the day off from work. Well I am thankful for the opportunity that I get to be thankful and that the day isn't just another day to me. I love starting the Christmas season with Thanksgiving and I plan to always make it a special day for my family. Anyways now that you know a few of the things I am thankful for here is our Thanksgiving weekend that we spent in Utah!
Since Lily is only two months old this was of course her first plane trip. She did fabulous. She was able to sit in her car seat on the plane without even paying for a seat. The plane wasn't full so they let us take it on for free! This meant that she slept most of the time on the plane. There were kids around us going to Utah that cried, but not Lily! Hopefully she does just as good in a few weeks when we fly for Christmas!
Lily enjoying her first flight! Doesn't she look comfy!
This is TJ with our nephew Wyatt. He liked TJ or at least his hat! They had a great time together. They enjoyed playing peak-a-boo with TJ's hat.
The two cute Gray cousins. Wyatt is about six months older than Lily. One day soon they will enjoy playing together.
Proud Grandpa Gray holding his two grand kids! They love their Grandpa!

Aunt Cassie (TJ's sister) holding her niece and nephew.

Aunt Kimmy (Megan's sister) holding Lily for the first time. She is expecting her first in January and then Lily will have another Warner cousin to play with!

This is Lily with her cousin Zoey that is about 8 months older than her. They will have some fun times playing with their other Warner cousins as they get older!

Proud Grandpa Warner feeding Lily. They have a great time together! Lily can't wait to go for a ride in the tractor with her Grandpa!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It was fun to see you as a new mom. Lily is so adorable. I'm glad we got to see you even though it didn't seem like that long.

Anonymous said...

Oh these pictures are so cute... do you have any of wyatt and you by chance? if you do could you email them to me? wigglesticktrio@yahoo.com