Dec 30, 2008

Christmas in Idaho

This year Christmas was bitter sweet. It was the first time that I spent Christmas in Idaho that I didn't see Grandma and Grandpa Warner. I grew up going to their house every year and having Ham balls and Hot chicken salad. We would read the Christmas story and play Christmas songs on bells. It was something I grew to love. This year with both of them gone, it was time for change. Someone told me at Grandpa's funeral that it was now my turn to be the aunt and that it was my parents turn to be the Grandparents. The generations are changing and it is exciting. So to remember Christmas eve at Grandma and Grandpa Warner's house, my mom made Ham balls and Hot chicken salad. We did not play the bells, but we had a great lesson about the Savior taught to us by my Dad. It is so great to sit around as a family and hear the testimonies of my parents. I look forward to our new traditions. It was a great Christmas and it was so much fun to be with family. We missed Kim and David and Mark, Jenni, Payton, and Sadie. Hopefully next time we can all be together!
Lily loves her Grandpas - both of them. She enjoyed spending time with Grandpa Warner. She would smile and coo at him, which of course made him smile right back.
Thanks Mom and Dad for a great Christmas! We love you very much! It was fun to see you guys and spend time together.
Lily had fun with her cousin Zoey. Zoey gives kisses and this is her giving Lily kisses! How sweet!
Lily with Uncle Stevie! She stared at him until she fell asleep on the way up to Idaho. She love all her aunts and uncles!
Our cute Christmas presents! I got the best present this year, Lily! The gift of a healthy, happy, and beautiful little girl! I am so blessed to get to be the mom to one of Heavenly Fathers choice daughter! I don't know how I got so lucky, but I am glad I did!
She is so adorable in her new Christmas PJ's. I love that she is sticking out her tongue! She has decided that her tongue is a lot of fun to play with!
Uncle Bri Bri holding Lily. It has been a while since they got to spend time together, but bother were super excited to be reunited!
Mom holding her adorable Christmas present! The best kind to get! Having Lily with me this year helped me understand Christmas a little more. It is because of the birth of a babe in Bethlehem that allows me to be an eternal family with my babe! How blessed we all are by the birth of our Savior!
Our cute little family in our Christmas PJ's on Christmas eve! I love my family so much!
Lily is enjoying her gift from "Santa" or Grandma and Grandpa Warner! She was spoiled by both of her Grandparents!
For Christmas my mom wanted to make dresses for her Granddaughers. They turned our so cute! We put Lily and Zoey in them for a photo shoot with Grandma. We wish that Sadie would have been there to be in them too. I think it is so great to recieve gifts with so much thought and love put into them!
Lily and Grandma Warner. Thanks Grandma for the adorable drss and shoes to match! We cant wait to wear them to Church!

4 comments:

Pilar said...

I love her Christmas PJ's so cute! I;m glad you have a great time in Idaho.

Vance King said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas. Babies have a way of adding a little extra excitement to the holiday season. We loved your Christmas card. Thank you for thinking of us.

Debbie said...

It's been a week since you put new pictures of Lilly up. I am feeling deprived:(

Anonymous said...

Your little girl gets cuter and cuter!!