Mar 6, 2009

ZOO and Much More!

Lily and I went to the Zoo last week. The weather here in Denver has been absolutely perfect! We have been enjoying 70 degree weather, but I am afraid we will be seeing some cooler temps this coming week. But while it was so great, we made a trip to the Zoo on one of the Free days they do through the year. We met some friends and had a great time!
This is Lily out front of the Zoo. She was having such a great time watching the people. She doesn't quite get the animal thing yet, but she sure loves watching people. I think the only animal she actually saw and acknowledged was the big gorilla. He was close to the glass and easy to see.
While we were at the elephant exhibit, one of them trumpeted at us. That got Lily's attention, though she had no idea where it came from. It was so cool to hear the elephant trump. I don't think I have ever had one trumpet in person. I just assumed they did because of TV! Now I know they do!
I like this picture of Lily. It shows how happy she was the whole time we were there! She loves to be outside and anywhere she can watch other people. When she gets a little older I know she will love the animals too!
Just a cool picture of some of the monkeys.
Lily in front of the giraffe cage.
This is Lily when we got home from the park one day. She was worn out and couldn't even make it until we got home. My favorite is her little legs hanging over the foot rest. The foot rest was put up, but her little legs found the holes to stick out through. She is our silly Lily!
Having fun at the park in her favorite toy, the swing! We went to the park a lot last week and enjoyed it every time!
Sporting her adorable summer outfit! Okay so I got a little too excited and put her in it before it was technically summer. It was 74 degrees this day! She is too cute with her little arms showing! I have been wanting to put her in this outfit since before she was born when I bought it!
One more picture of the many funny positions I find Lily asleep in! She is such a funny sleeper! She never falls right to sleep. She talks for a few minutes, and apparently moves around, and then falls asleep!
Lily loves to play with her toys and pull them all out of her toy basket. She picks one up, shakes it, and then throws it out of the way so she can move onto a new toy. It sure is fun to watch her become such a fun little girl! I do enjoy watching her progress. WOW is is almost 6 months old! That is crazy!

3 comments:

John & Nancy Wellington Family said...

Looks like you guys are having lots of fun together! Lily is adorable.

Erin Wageman said...

Now, Now Megan! Lets play nice!!! I have dirt on you too. Well if I could think of some anyway!! Your little girl is so cute!! And very stylish! I miss you!!!

Pilar said...

she looks so cute in her watermelon outfit!