May 27, 2009

Walt Disney World

TJ and I decided that we were going to take a vacation this summer, just the two of us. TJ's mom was kind enough to come to Denver to watch Lily. I know that Lily and Grandma had a great time together. TJ and I had a wonderful vacation enjoying being just the two of us. I sure missed Lily and called daily to see how she was doing. Here are some of the pictures that we took while we were enjoying our week in Florida. Sorry there are so many, but there are even more that I wanted to post, but I refrained!
The first place we went was the Animal Kingdom. We really enjoyed the Animal Kingdom. They have a lot of shows to see that are really cool. They also have Everest - the roller coaster. TJ and I rode it, TJ with his eyes open, me with my eyes closed! We both enjoyed it though.
These two pictures are from The Lion King show they have. It was my favorite thing we saw. The acrobats were incredible. The singing was great and the costumes were amazing! I now have a greater desire to see The Lion King on Broadway.

This is a picture of Everest. The best ride at the Animal Kingdom.
This picture does not do The Tree of Life justice. Etched in the tree are hundreds of animals. The details are incredible.
A street performer entertaining us with his amazing musical talent.


We went on the Kilimanjaro Safari. Disney does such a great job at making your experience one to always remember. Each animal is in a cage, but as you go through the ride, you feel as if you are right there with the animals. As if they could come right up to the jeep. It was amazing to see so many animals so close.
If you look close there are giraffes in the tress. They really can blend right in. They are so huge!
The second day we went to Epcot. This place is HUGE! By the end of this day, I could hardly walk my feet were so tired. During the month of May they have a flower festival. They make all the characters out of flowers and shrubs. I have posted a few of my favorites. It is amazing what they can do. We had a great day doing rides and walking around the world showcase. To think that Walt Disney had a completely different view of what Epcot would be when he was alive.
Beauty and the Beast are in the background.
Cinderella and Prince Charming
Getting ready to go into "Honey I Shrunk the Audience" in 3D.
Sorcerer Mickey with the dancing mops and a handsome TJ.
Captain Hook and the crocodile.
Lady and the Tramp
Sitting in front of Poseidon
Aladdin flying on his magic carpet
Picture of Paris, France
Visiting the UK. I just love their red phone booths.
TJ in Canada
My what a great artist sitting there painting a masterpiece!
Our next day was The Magic Kingdom. Can you say RAIN, or better yet, TORRENTIAL DOWN POUR! So the day started out with rain. Then it went to a mist. Then back to rain and finished with torrential down pour. It was actually not that bad. If it had to rain on your Disney trip, I would pick The Magic Kingdom. We had our ponchos on, which kept us dry and warm. We had no lines to wait in. We were done riding all the rides we wanted to ride by 11:30 in the morning. We were able to enjoy ourselves even with the rain. I also have to say that we had one of the best desserts while we were there. It was a pineapple ice cream float in Pineapple juice. SO VERY YUMMY!
Every morning Mickey and his friends come out and officially open the park.
In front of Cinderella's Castle. I always thought that Cinderella had a castle in both Florida and California, but Snow White has a castle in California and Cinderella lives in Florida. Either way, I cannot wait to have my own castle, though it will not be anywhere as big!
The Buzz Light Year ride was a lot of fun. You go around shooting aliens trying to beat the person you sit with. TJ won - it was actually not even close. He killed me! Good job babe!
I don't know if you can see the rain in the background, but it was coming down in sheets at this point of the day.
Our last day was spent at Hollywood Studios. It would have been a perfect end to our vacation, but the afternoon was ruined by rain. Three of the best shows were canceled. I was upset by the third one and so we did one more show and left. First we went to the Stunt show and saw one stunt before thunder started and cancelled the show. Then we went to the Indiana Jones show and once again got to see the start and not the end. Finally the Beauty and the Beast show was cancelled. Besides the afternoon being ruined, we had a great day. We went on TJ's all time favorite ride, The Rock'n Roller coaster. It was fun. You speed away to an Aerosmith concert. The ride starts so fast that your face literally moves! We also went on The Tower of Terror. I was terrified while we waited in line, but once the ride started I really enjoyed myself. Thanks TJ for encouraging me to ride the rides I didn't really want to.



TJ in front of his favorite ride ever!
I have always wanted to eat a turkey leg. It was good and plenty big enough to share with TJ!
Indiana Jones show, what little we actually got to see.
TJ eating a poisened apple from the Villen Candy Shop. It was HUGE and tasty.

3 comments:

Lilit said...

Cool pictures!! What a fun vacation!!!
Maybe next year... :D

Zac & Chelsea said...

I am sooooo jealous. I have always wanted to go to Disney World! I keep hoping that Zac will take me someday, I am sure that I will convince him at some point. That was nice that you were able to go without Lily although it will be fun when she can actually enjoy the rides. Anyways you look like you had a great time inspite of the rain. It was great to see you this last weekend.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Awesome!! I totally want to go again!