Jul 6, 2009

4th of July Fun!

Our 4th was a lot of fun. We didn't do anything too spectacular, but we did have a lot of fun and got to spend the day with our cute little family. We also invited one of our friends to spend the day with us. Her husband is over in India for the month so we made sure she had fun with us! Plus we just enjoy hanging out with her! So we started out going to Red Robin for lunch, where Lily had her first lemon and never even puckered! Then we went and saw Ice Age 3...okay not as good as the first. Then we grilled some stakes and headed to fireworks. Lily didn't make it to the fireworks, but hopefully next year! It was a great day to remember all the blessings that are ours because of our freedom! I thought a lot about our freedom and I am so blessed that it is being protected by many men and women in uniform. They are about a noble cause and I am grateful for what they do. Maybe I thought more about it today because of all the unrest in the world, maybe because of those that don't have freedom but want it, maybe because my baby brother will be leaving on July 7th to join the Air Force, or maybe just because I don't want to take things for granted. I have so many blessings from being born in this country and I do NOT EVER want to take those for granted...though I often do. I know that Freedom isn't Free...it costs so much. Thanks to all those who fight to keep us free! Happy Birthday America! Thank you for our FREEDOM!
Lily and Daddy sporting their patriotic colors!
So this is Lily all the time. She loves to stick her bum in the air while she plays with her toys. It is rather funny to watch. I had to take pictures of it because it is such a characteristic of Lily! I sure do love that little silly girl!
First LEMON and LOVING it! I pucker when I eat a lemon but not her!
Leana enjoying Lily's love of lemons!

No comments: