Jan 25, 2009

Lily's Tricks and Stories

I know that I post a lot of Lily, but she is what is interesting in our lives right now. And plus she is super cute and I am a mom that likes to brag about her little girl! Lily is growing up so fast and this is a great way to share with everyone her development.
This was day one... I set her down in her chair and she wiggled sideways to get to the bird on her toy. She was smiling big and proud that she had finally had gotten close enough to the bird to fit him in her mouth.
Day two..I once again set her in her chair, this time to watch Baby Mozart, and she stuck both of her fists in her mouth and started talking like crazy. She always has something in her mouth. Most of the time it is a toy plus a finger or her whole hand. If she doesn't have a toy she has both fists in her mouth.
Day three...when I set her in her chair this time, she scooted almost off the chair. She was so happy that I just left her like that as I watched her play. She talks and talks to her animals and sings to the songs. She is quite the talker just like her mom.
This was Lily's first time in the stroller without her big car seat in it. She was so proud. She was looking at everything and talking. She also loves to sit in the shopping cart at the store the same way. She isn't steady enough yet, so I put blankets around her, but man does she love it. She grabs the handle and looks around with a big smile on her face to let everyone know she is a big girl and proud of it. Each day is so much fun with her. I am so lucky to be able to stay at home with her. Thanks love!

Finally, a funny story from today. We were at Church and she talked through the Sacrament, sang songs with the congregation, and talked through the talks. That was just the beginning. I took her to Young Woman's, where she talked through the lesson (Sorry Pilar). When I went to make a comment, she started talking louder and louder so you could no longer hear me. I just laughed. Then she started to fake cough to get more attention. I have a little babe that loves attention and will do anything to get it. She is absolutely adorable! I sure do love her! I am glad that it is talking and not crying that she loves to do the absolute most!

On a side note, Lily is growing so fast. She will roll onto her side, but wont go all the way over. She likes to stop and play with her toys and doesn't make it all the way. I am sure it wont be long until she rolls all the way. She is almost sitting up all by herself. She does okay until she leans back a little and then she is done and falls backwards (don't worry, I always catch her!). She is sleeping from 7:30pm til 7 am!!!!! She also finally decided that naps are a good thing. Until Christmas she really didn't nap. Now she takes a short nap in the morning and a good 2 hr. nap in the afternoon! Now that I have said that, she will probably start to teeth soon and get all thrown off, but for now I am in paradise! I love my little girl so much! I also love her daddy! Well I hope you enjoyed hearing about all of Lily's tricks and stories!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Meg it's ok to post only about Lily. I do it with Zoey. :) And if people don't want to hear it or see it then they don't have to look that's my thoughts. I don't doing anything without my baby and I'm sure you don't either so what else do you have to post about. Anyway Lily sure is growing. She is so cute. She'll roll way too soon then she'll be where Zoey is before you know it. It really does all happen so quickly. I am already thinking time needs to rewind.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...she is so adorable in her little dress! i love her. grandma cant wait to be in colorado with you guys in february! i wish i was going too.

Mo Daddy said...

Megan! How fun! You are a such good writer! Lily is the best baby girl!!! I loved reading all your stories and spend time with you 3! Keep posting!
on the side note... I am still waiting for David to sleep 8 straight hours, let alone the 12 Lily does...
Lilit

John & Nancy Wellington Family said...

WHAT A CUTIE!! It is fun to watch all these cute stages in a babies life. Keep up the good work.

a farmers wife and her real life said...

She's so cute! I am so jealous that she falls asleep by herself. We're doing pretty good though now. The last two nights, it was only 10 minutes and tonight, nothing again. We really should try to get together sometime! Maybe this summer?

Anonymous said...

I love the pic of her asleep in her carseat! She is so adorable! You ahould post about her more and more!!