Sep 12, 2009

Saint Elmo Colorado

For Labor day we headed to Saint Elmo, Colorado with some friends. Saint Elmo is one of Colorado's Ghost Mine Towns. It was founded in 1800's. It is one of the most preserved Ghost towns in the West! It was hidden in the mountains and absolutely gorgeous. We had a great day enjoying the beauty of nature. On the way there we stopped to buy some super yummy jerky. Lily really liked chewing on it. It kept her busy for quite a while! Also you can see that she is sitting in her new big girl car seat! It is so hard to believe that my baby is growing up so fast!
This is one of the beautiful views we saw while we walked around St. Elmo.
This is part of the main downtown. The town at one point had over 2,000 people! I love that the leaves had already started changing colors when we went. I love to see the leaves change in the fall.
The cute little Gray family on the bridge that separates the two parts of town. Lily really enjoyed walking around.
Daddy and Lily enjoying each other!

3 comments:

James and Tricia Thomas said...

Ok that is another thing I want to see before we move!! Looks cool! I also love good jerky!

Heather said...

That looks like a fun place to visit...it's sad that I've been here my whole life and haven't seen all that stuff. How far away is it? I think that would be a fun trip for the fam.

The Favorite said...

St. Elmo is so beautiful- what a fun trip!