Jun 18, 2009

I Survived Survivor!

So my new calling in our ward is Enrichment Leader...what were they thinking! Well last night was our first activity and I think it was a success due to the great help I had planning it...thanks everyone who helped me! Our activity was "Survivor Night". We learned how to survive Physically, Spiritually, and Economically. We then put our skills to work and fought it out in battle to see who was the strongest tribe. We had three great mini classes covering the three areas. Then we had three challenges to weed out the weakest tribes. The two strongest tribes fought it out in the final tribal council for 100 Grand...and then the winner was decided. It was fun to watch women of all ages competing and talking trash to the other tribes - in a sisterly love sort of way! We had pregnant women doing the crab walk and pushing people out of the way to get ahead! We had older women racing across the courtyard to stack cups and much much more! I only wish I had my camera to capture all the excitement! I would have to say the most challenging of all the challenges we did was the puzzle...it was pure entertainment! Most of all I am glad that it is over! Now I have an activity under my belt and I have a few weeks before I need to start on planning the next activity. IF I CAN ASK FOR ANY HELP...ANY IDEAS OF THINGS YOU HAVE DONE DURING SUPER SATURDAY OR WOULD LIKE TO DO - WOULD YOU LEAVE A COMMENT AND SHARE YOUR IDEA. I FEEL SO OUR OF MY LEAGUE IN PLANNING SUPER SATURDAY! SO ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS ARE WARMLY WELCOMED!!!!

3 comments:

a farmers wife and her real life said...

I know in my old ward, they'd usually do a station for scrapbooking if you've got a lot of scrapbookers in your ward. They've also had stations for learning how to can, they've done those fun blocks that say "Christmas" or "Spring", etc. That's all I can think of right now.

James and Tricia Thomas said...

You did such a good job!! Sister Richards has told me that like 4 times now!

Unknown said...

The only thing my ward ever does for Super Saturday is different wood craft projects with vinyl lettering. We have a lady in our ward that does it for a living so we always get to make the trendy items at the time. Some are great, like my big clock that I made. Sorry I don't have any other ideas for you. Good luck! Sounds like a fun calling though.