Jun 18, 2009

Our Crazy Crawler and Silly Sleeper!

Lily is 8 months old now! With that has come a lot of changes. One being we now have a crawler! I now have to watch her every move so she doesn't get into trouble! She has already put a rock in her mouth she dug out of the carpet, ate a piece of popcorn that she found, gotten a wii remote to play with, and pulled everything off the bottom shelf of the pantry shelf! She also claps and waves. She loves to sing and talk like crazy too!

Before Lily was even crawling, she could sit up from the crawling position. At first I thought it was great because when she was playing on her tummy she could get herself up when she was done. Now I call it a nightmare! When I place her in her crib to nap or sleep for bed, she gets herself sat up and starts to play with her crib and binki. Sometimes she will start to cry in hopes that she will be picked up and taken out of her crib. Sorry for her she has a mean mom and wont rescue her. The first couple of times she did this it would take her between half an hour to an hour to finally lay down and sleep. One night it was after 9 when she finally fell asleep after being put down at 8. Now you may be thinking that she isn't tired, well she always is when I put her to sleep. She will rub her eyes red she is so tired, but she still wants to sit and play. I also go in a few times through her "play" time to lay her back down, put her blanket back on and give her her binki, but she still takes a while to fall asleep. The past few nights it has been 10 minutes and she is out. Hopefully it wont be much longer before she is back to falling right to sleep when she is laid down! Cross my fingers that the next stage is not worse than this one! I do have to say that the one thing she got from me is the way she sleeps. There is no hiding that she looks like TJ, which I love. There is also no hiding that she sleeps crazy like me! Okay, so I don't sleep with my bum in the air like she does sometimes, but we both sleep in crazy positions and always move into other poses during the night. I always find her in some other position and can't help but laugh she is so cute! Here are a few of my favorite sleeping pictures!
Don't worry I was right by her side while she was asleep on the couch. I had just taken a nap with her before I got up and took the picture.
I would venture to say that this is her favorite way to fall asleep. She will then roll onto her side, that's the way I sleep.

3 comments:

a farmers wife and her real life said...

I see you have your hands full! I don't think it gets better....at least it hasn't yet for us. She's still getting into things! And you'll find that your "clean" floor (at least you thought was clean) ALWAYS has something for them to find on it! I love the butt in the air sleep position. That's how Bri sleeps too. Lily is so cute! We seriously need to get together sometime!

James and Tricia Thomas said...

I love the sleeping pictures!!

Vance King said...

What a cute little girl. Austin is a crazy sleeper too. We are coming to Denver at the end of July. I would love to see you if you are going to be around.